A Fun & Dynamic Summer Camp for Children in Grades 1 & 2 ... Literally!
Literacy, Arts and Fun provides children with the opportunity to explore reading and writing in an engaging, dynamic setting. Finding the middle ground between academics and interactive play, L.A.F. fosters an enjoyable literacy experience while preparing children for the upcoming school year.
- Use of SMART Boards, Macs and iPads
- Reading comprehension strategy instruction
- Literacy teachers with experience in diverse settings and age groups
- Low teacher to student ratio
- Development of oral and expressive reading through songs, poems and theatre
- Development of written language through daily activities (introduction to story grammar and creating scripts)
- Development of fine motor skills through creating and designing costumes and/or puppets
- Development of gross motor skills and sportsmanship through daily structured sports activity
|| August 12 - 16, 2013
|| 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
|| Lower Canada College - 4090 Royal Avenue
|| Ages 6 to 8
|Lunch & Snacks
|| Bring your own