Grade 7 to 8
Transitioning from elementary to secondary school is a significant milestone for students, and one that presents unique opportunities. It is a time to explore and discover new things. By focusing on the individual learning needs of our students, the Middle School experience will help them to develop independence and a strong foundation that will prepare them for Senior School and beyond. We will work collaboratively with you during the admissions process to determine the best educational choice for your child. To do so, we gather as much information about the student as we can, to ensure mutual understanding and informed decisions.
Please review the information below and feel free to contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
The grade 7 application deadline for September 2020 admission is October 18, 2019.
You are welcome to visit us during one of our open house events. Families who are unable to attend are invited to contact the Admissions Office (514-482-0951) to schedule a private visit and information session.
Lower Canada College
4090, avenue Royal
Montréal (QC) H4A 2M5
- A completed online application
- A photo of the applicant
- A completed student profile form (grades 7–8), including written statement
- A confidential report form (where schools comply)
- Current year and previous year-end report cards
- Admission test
- Eligibility certificate
- Applicants born in Canada: an original birth certificate (brought to the Admissions Office meeting for certification) or three certified copies of the long form birth certificate. Both parents’ names must appear.
- Applicants born outside of Canada: an original birth certificate (brought to the Admissions Office meeting for certification) or three certified copies of the long form birth certificate. Both parents’ names must appear. Also include proof of student's or parent's Canadian citizenship. If the applicant or both parents do not possess Canadian citizenship, Canadian immigration documents must be provided.
- A non-refundable processing and evaluation fee of $50, payable by cash (receipt provided), cheque or money order to Lower Canada College, or by wire transfer (from a financial institution outside Canada only).
The entrance test for grade 7 (Common Admission Test or CAT) is shared amongst seven QAIS schools. Tests are administered at an independent test centre (Marianopolis College in Montreal). Applicants must register in advance with Brisson Legris (fee of $90).
The entrance test for grade 8 takes place Lower Canada College. The Admissions Office will make alternate arrangements for students who are unable to write the admissions test on site. Contact the LCC Admissions Office for further details.
In addition to the requirements for the entry grade, international students must also:
- Demonstrate their English language proficiency by completing one of the following tests as part of the admissions process:
- TOEFL: 90 for iBT TOEFL, 500 for paper-based TOEFL
- IELTS: 6-6.5
- CAEL: 70
- Provide immigration documents (these can be supplied at the admission office meeting)
- Provide a certified translation of report cards
- Provide the Admissions Office with additional information about the curriculum in their current school (as needed)