Please review the information below and feel free to contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
100 Days of Kindergarten
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
9 am - 11:30 am
You are welcome to visit us during one of our open house events. Families who are unable to attend are invited to contact the Admissions Office (514-482-0951) to schedule a private visit and information session.
General Open House
Saturday, September 21, 2019, 9 am - 12 pm
Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 9 am - 12 pm & 5 pm - 8 pm
Kindergarten Open House
Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 9 am - 11:30 am
Lower Canada College
4090, avenue Royal
Montréal (QC) H4A 2M5
The Kindergarten Application deadline for September 2020 admission is November 22, 2019.
- A completed online application
- A photo of the applicant
- A confidential report form (where schools comply)
- Current year and previous year-end report cards (optional)
- Readiness test
- Applicants born in Canada: an original birth certificate (brought to the Admissions Office meeting for certification) or three certified copies of the long form birth certificate. Both parents’ names must appear.
- Applicants born outside of Canada: an original birth certificate (brought to the Admissions Office meeting for certification) or three certified copies of the long form birth certificate. Both parents’ names must appear. Also include proof of student's or parent's Canadian citizenship. If the applicant or neither parent possesses Canadian citizenship, Canadian immigration documents must be provided.
- A non-refundable processing and evaluation fee of $50, payable by cash (receipt provided), cheque or money order to Lower Canada College, or by wire transfer (from a financial institution outside Canada only).
We conduct an evaluation to establish the child's readiness for our program. Children are welcomed to the school to participate in a variety of collaborative and individual activities that are similar to their preschool curriculum.
Readiness testing is conducted towards the beginning of December and decisions are announced approximately one week later.
Kindergarten Readiness Testing for September 2020 admission takes place on November 30, 2019, by appointment. The admissions office will be in touch with all applicants.
The best time to apply is in the fall (i.e. October/November).
Families applying after the first round of decisions may be applying for a space in the wait pool if enrolment is full.
Important Dates for September 2020 Admission to Kindergarten
- Kindergarten open house: October 29, 2019 (9 am -11:30 am)
- Application deadline: November 22, 2019
- Readiness testing: November 30, 2019