LCC is unique in its offering of the Pre-University: Grade 12 program, which not only prepares students for university entrance, but also fosters characteristics of personal responsibility, perseverance and leadership that will serve a graduate throughout university and into professional life. We will work collaboratively with you during the admissions process to determine the best educational choice for your child. To do so, we gather as much information about the student as we can, to ensure mutual understanding and informed decisions.
Please review the information below and feel free to contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
My Pre-U experience challenged me, allowed me to flourish both academically and personally, and above all, is a time I cherished. To be surrounded by passionate and driven students, and supported by an incredible faculty through the difficult process of transitioning to college, was invaluable. I felt at home in Pre-U, and will forever thank LCC for helping me down the path towards my future.Jamie Mayers, Pre-U ’18
You are welcome to visit us during one of our open house events. Families who are unable to attend are invited to contact the Admissions Office (514-482-0951) to schedule a private visit and information session.
Lower Canada College
4090, avenue Royal
Montréal (QC) H4A 2M5
The early application deadline for 2019-2020 is January 14, 2019.
- A completed online application form
- A photo of the applicant
- A completed student profile form
- A personal statement by the applicant explaining why he or she is applying to the Pre-University program (300 words)
- A confidential report form (where schools comply)
- Copies of report cards from grades 9 and above
- An original birth certificate (brought to the Admissions Office meeting for certification) or three certified copies of the long form birth certificate. Both parents’ names must appear.
- A non-refundable processing and evaluation fee of $50, payable by cash (receipt provided), cheque or money order, to Lower Canada College, or by wire transfer (from a financial institution outside Canada only).
Applications to the Pre-U program are accepted throughout the year. The early application deadline for September 2019 admission is January 14, 2019. Students who apply before this deadline will be eligible to participate in a scholarship competition.
The first round of decisions will be announced before March 1, 2019. Students who apply after January 14 made be applying for a space on the wait list.
In addition to the requirements for the entry grade, international students must also:
- Demonstrate their English language proficiency by completing one of the following tests as part of the admissions process:
- TOEFL: 90 for iBT TOEFL, 500 for paper-based TOEFL
- IELTS: 6-6.5
- CAEL: 70
- Provide immigration documents (these can be supplied at the admission office meeting)
- Provide a certified translation of report cards
- Provide the Admissions Office with additional information about curriculum in their current school (as needed)