Certificate of Sustainable Global Leadership
2018-2019: 23 students
2017-2018: 23 students
2016-2017: 12 students
2015-2016: 13 students
My international activities have been life changing and I was excited at the prospect of being recognized for all that I've achieved.
Mikaela Ludwick ’16
The Certificate of Sustainable Global Leadership (CSGL) is an LCC initiative to recognize students who have made environmental and global learning a significant priority throughout their Senior School career.
Students voluntarily indicate their wish to be considered for the certificate at the beginning of their grade 11 year. To receive this prestigious recognition, students must:
- Successfully complete the first year of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Complete the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award (considerations will be given to student who cannot complete the gold level due to age).
- Take part in a number of Sustainable Global Leadership Seminars (e.g. the value of international service, the Syrian refugee crisis, the value of global education and a cultural examination of Southeast Asia).
- Submit a reflective piece on a Senior School travel experience. Typically, this will be based on a student exchange or March break trip.
- Write a reflective piece on an environmental initiative that they have been involved in.