Volunteering and Giving
LCC relies on the generosity of its parents, alumni and the community at large for their contributions of time, expertise and financial support. Whether funding student scholarships or travel and service opportunities, building program endowments, supporting professional development activities, financing new construction projects or volunteering on a committee, your involvement has the power to fundamentally change our students’ lives.
LCC founder and first headmaster Dr. Charles Fosbery was the school’s pioneering major benefactor. In 1907-1909 he used $5,000 of his own money and sold bonds to supporters to purchase land on Royal Avenue and build the school.
In 1912 the Caverhill family provided funding for the first of several expansions to our playing fields. In the mid-1950s, a significant donation from Miss Marjorie Caverhill, along with others, helped build the school’s first covered outdoor hockey rink.
In 1920, Dr. Fosbery announced that he would transfer ownership of LCC to its alumni upon his eventual retirement (in 1935).
Our playing fields were expanded in 1938 through a donation from the Old Boys Association, whose gift enabled the purchase of land adjacent to the Monkland Tennis Club.
Recognizing the need for new science classrooms and laboratories, the Board launched a $100,000 campaign in 1958 that culminated in the opening of the Baillie Science Wing. Funds were raised through the generosity of the Old Boys, parents and friends of the school. In 2010, the science wing was renovated thanks to the generosity of members of the LCC community.
The Old Boys Association started a campaign in 1962 that provided funds for a Junior School Gym as well as new Junior locker rooms and accommodations for increased enrolment in the school.